2017 Battle Creek Speedfest
Daily Participants $155.00 - Includes Driver and 1 crew member. 1 parking pass in Speedfest designated parking. Good only for one day.
2 day Participants $ 280.00 - Includes driver and 1 crew member. 1 Parking pass in designated area.
Weekend Participants $360.00 - Includes driver and 2 crew members. 1 parking pass in Speedfest designated parking.
All participants must go through tech inspection prior to running the half mile. This will be done once you arrive. Pre-Tech inspection form will be available prior to arriving. This will speed up the process and get you all set up to run.
We will have daily drivers meeting each day before first run.
All entrees includes 2 passes including driver and 1 parking pass in designated area. If support vehicle needed to go on track for vehicle please email us for prior approval.
We will be running 2 sessions per day. TBD. 1 session in AM and 2nd session in PM. We will have a long break between 1st, and 2nd session due to the main Air Show attraction. At this time pit area will be open to all spectators. Average you'll get 3-6 runs per session. Possibly more pending how smooth everything goes.
Camping is available. Visit www.BCBalloons.com
Will be limited amount of participants each day. Once we fill up there will be a waiting list. Those who decide to want to register on site can only if we have room.
Tents will be allowed. You can only use weights to keep the tents down. You can also utilize the grass area behind where you’ll pit at and here you can use several methods to keep the tent from flying away. I must warn you we are at an airport with high winds at times. So please make sure your tent is securely secured of Airport personnel will ask you to bring it down.
Drivers tent/lounge will have water and snacks. You can also enjoy some of the locals food booths in the show area.
All participants will have to wear proper credentials and or escorted by a staff member when outside of the designated show area.
Food and drink can be brought in coolers but no grills are allowed. No alcohol beverages will be allowed. Can be purchased at several beer tents in the show area.
No DRONES are allowed on airport grounds. If used you will be asked to put it away and or taken away from Airport Security. Please don’t attempt to use this on site. This is a working airport and planes will be flying in and out through out the day even those not part of air show. This is FAA rules.
No ATV’s, Scooter and or unauthorized golf carts will be used on airport grounds. If you must use one please email us and we will have to get prior approval from Airport Security.
VP Fuels will attend with a variety selection of race fuel for sale at wholesale prices. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-orders. They will not be on site the whole weekend. Pre-orders recommended and Speedfest Staff will have it set aside for you once you arrive.
No refunds due to weather and or incident that occurs during the event. If there is a wash out, we will offer discount for following event in 2018. If Battle Creek Speedfest is canceled prior to the event date and Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show & Balloon Festivals continues, we will refund all the participants. Registration can be transferred in case you cannot make the event. Email us prior to doing so.
There will be a designated entrance for all Vendors and Participants. Times TBD. Gates are not open at all times. Only few times per day due to airport security. Earliest you can enter is at 7am. Gate 20 is going to be the designated gate and plenty of room for Semi trucks to enter. It’s located off Helmer Rd. This is for Participants and support vehicles ONLY!
All others will enter through Gate 15 or 16. We will have a designated area for all Speedfest support vehicles. Must have prior approval to event date. All participating vehicles will have designated vehicles numbers. This must be placed on vehicle at all times. If not placed you will not be allowed to continue to the racing field.
Check in will be done at Host hotel. Load in information will be emailed out to ALL participants, vendors and staff. Please follow all directions and all will go smoothly.
More information to be added as the date gets closer.
Rules & Regulations
Below are the rules and regulations for Battle Creek Speedfest. We follow strict rules and stay consistent with the rest of the events like Battle Creek Speedfest. All vehicles and motorcycles must meet the requirements and go through tech inspection before you are able to compete. If you do not meet the requirements you will not be able to participate and or receive refund. We limit the amount of vehicles each day. Our main goal is for the safety of the driver and all involved with the event weather you are a team, staff and or participants. Any questions please don’t hesitate to email us at BCSpeedfest@gmail.com
All participants MUST go through technical inspection prior to participating.
** Print out and fill the pre-tech inspection form prior to going through tech inspection. This will speed up the process.
No Passengers allowed in vehicle during the race. Only driver. Go Pro's and other action cameras are allowed. If installing outside of the vehicle please use safety wire in case it falls off during a run. If action camera falls from vehicle, session will be suspended until track is inspected.
All Participants and crew must read and sign waiver.
Vehicles up to 170mph
- Helmets - All participants must wear minimum DOT or ECE R22-05 approved helmet. Snell 2005 and newer is recommended. Open face helmets are allowed. If riding in a open cockpit vehicle you MUST wear a Snell 2005 or newer.
- Clothing - All drivers must wear long pants, closed toe shoes and shirt. SFI Approved gloves are recommended but not mandatory.
- Seat Belts - All vehicles must have min OEM factory Installed seat belts.
- Tires - Manufacture recommended or better. SLICKS are not allowed. Drag radials are allowed.
- Helmets - All drivers must wear a Snell 2005 or newer (SA2005 or SA2010). Open face helmet is allowed as long as it meets Snell 2005 or newer. Protective eye wear are required when using an open face helmet. Full face helmets are required if you are in a open cockpit. Balaclava is required. DOT only helmets will NOT be ALLOWED.
- Clothing - All drivers must wear long pants, closed toe shoes and shirt. All drivers MUST wear SFI approved gloves. SFI 3.2A/1 or better drivers suit recommended but not required.
- Seat Belts - All drivers must have min OEM factory installed seat belts. Racing harness are recommended but not required. Must be installed properly and have manufacture DOT approval tag. Lap belts without use of shoulder restraints are not permitted.
- Fire Extinguisher - Recommended for all vehicles but not required.
- Roll Cage - Roll cage are recommended for all vehicles pending on model. Please email us at BCSpeedfest@gmail.com if you are unsure. Convertibles is allowed as long as it’s equipped with factory roll over bar. 4-6 point roll cages are recommended but not required.
- Tires - Manufacture recommended tires or better. Higher speed rating than factory is recommended. Drag radials are allowed. No slicks and skinnies allowed.
Vehicles exceeding 201 mph
- Helmets - All drivers must wear SNELL SA2005 or newer. Helmets must have current manufacture dates on it. DOT only certified helmets will not be allowed. Snell SA2005 and newer open face helmets are allowed but must wear eye protection. If you are in a open cockpit you must wear a full face. Padded neck collar or hans device are recommended but not required.
- Clothing - All drivers must wear a SFI 3.2A/1 or better drivers suit. SFI 3.3 gloves and shoes are required.
- Seat Belts - All vehicles must have a 5 or better point seat belts. All seat belts must meet SFI 16.1 or 16.5with dated label no older than 5 years old. Further questions please email BCSpeedfest@gmail.com
- Fire Extinguisher - All vehicles must be equipped with a fire extinguisher with a secure quick release mount. Preferably in reach of the driver. Fire Extinguisher system is recommended but not required.
- Roll Cage - All vehicles must be equipped with a 4 point roll cage.
- Tires - Tires must be a Y rated and or a competition road race tire are recommended. Those using competition racing tires must show proof of the manufacture recommendations speed of over 190mph.
Below are the requirements for all motorcycles safety requirements.
- Engine Kill Switch - Must have a lanyard style kill switch that turns off all power in the event the rider falls off. Tip over switches are not allowed.
- Safety Wire - Front axles but be safety wired. Drive chain must have the master link clip safety wired or siliconed. Oil drain plugs and filler cap should have safety wire.
- Clothing - All riders must wear a full leather race suit, leather gloves, and riding boots.
- Helmet - Helmets must be Snell M2005 or M2010 with approved sticker. Helmets must be in good condition including inner shells, liner and strap. Must have current dates on helmet. M2000 helmets will not be permitted.
- Breather Hose - Crank case breather hoses must be run into a catch tank or in the air box.
- Brakes - Both front and rear brakes should be in good working condition
- Chain Guard - Metal chain guard is required at all times.
- Steering Damper - Required on all motorcycles exceeding 140mph.
Motorcycle should be in good condition. All parts should be secured and properly installed. Anything that looks unsafe or not installed correctly will not be permitted to participate.
We will have daily and weekend awards in several classes.
Plaques will be handed out at the end of the day for Daily participants for (Does not included Weekend Participants); Sat-Sun-Mon
Trophies will be handed out for weekend participants
2017 Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show & Balloon
Festival Event Guidelines and Helpful Hints
- All events/activities are subject to change & WEATHER PERMITTING.
- NO RAIN CHECKS or Refunds.
- PLEASE bring Exact Change for Parking which is $5.00 per Car/Truck/Motorcycle. ALL RV’s will park in the RV Lot and Pay that day’s/night fee – NO Exceptions.
- Motorcycle parking on runway versus grass at the Main Entrance Gate (Helmer Road)
- On-Site RV Camping is available. Advance registration is requested and recommended until June 10th, then it will be first come, first serve.
- Bus Groups are welcome and we need you to enter via South Airport Road, Gate #6.
- Kids 3ft and under are FREE EVERY DAY.
- HANDICAP PARKING & FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE AVAILABLE - Ask a parking volunteer or any Committee Member with a Radio.
- Available for Rent: Handicap Motorized Carts & Wagons.
- SMALL CANOPY TENTS ALLOWED on event grounds in Designated Areas. Please pay attention to signage indicating designated area. You may be asked to move if you are not behind the line and PLEASE do not block our Beverage Tents.
- Plan to bring Lawn Chairs or blankets. Wagons are available to rent at the Main Gate.
- Coolers ARE allowed and WILL be inspected at the Admission Gate
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES can be brought in, but can be purchased on-site with proper ID.
- NO Firearms Permitted.
- NO Drones or flying objects allowed.
- NO Helium Balloons or Air Blown Balloons permitted.
- NO Sparklers or Fireworks permitted.
- NO Pets allowed on event grounds.
- NO loitering, tents, chairs, blankets, etc. are allowed in GENERAL PARKING AREAS.
- ATM AVAILABLE AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE/SKERBECK CARNIVAL.
- NO Grills are permitted on event grounds except in the RV Camping Area - Rules will apply.
- NO bicycles, mopeds, golf carts, etc. are allowed on event grounds except if STATE APPROVED HANDICAP UNITS – Handicap carts are available to rent at the Main Gate.
- NO overnight stays except in the RV Camping Area.
- Daily Admission and Parking Fees will apply. Admission Wristbands and Parking Passes are good ALL DAY.
- Field of Flight Information Booth is located just inside the Main Gate.
- Fantastic Food Vendors are on Site.
- Purchase your Carnival Ride Tickets in advance and save $$. See Article under Entertainment.
- Bronson Battle Creek will be providing a “Changing and Feeding Station” for mom’s and their children. This is located at the South End of the Field by the Stage and Field Hospital.
- Take a picture or write down the parking lot sign you park your vehicle closest to.
- No Hot-Air Balloon Rides are available during the Event.